Tuesday 1 May 2012

What water shortage ?

I had an hour to waste in Leeds while waiting for a train, so I took a walk down to the canal basin.  I hadn't been there since Me 'n' Luke had walked there from Liverpool a few years ago.

As I walked under the railway station, there was plenty of water about!
The canal basin has been improved quite a lot over the last few years, all the warehouses that were empty are now offices and the like.  I had a couple of beers in "The Hop" which is a great little bar under the railway station.
I passed through Bury on the way back, so I called into the Met to get a pint of DJ.  Katriona Gilmore and Jamie Roberts were on in the studio.  I like the studio as it has a great atmosphere, much better than the main theatre.
The music was great, both Kat and Jamie are fantastic musicians, and both have great voices. Jamie has an unusual "flat" style of playing Guitar, and what a great effect.
 I had seen Kat before with the Albion band and Tiny Tin Lady, and Jamie with Kerfuffle but together they are superb.
















Saturday night I had to go over to Bradford to be presented with an award for brewing what is at the moment, my favourite style of beer. Light Ale at only 3.2%.  You can have a few of an evening without worrying too much about getting up and driving in the morning.  I tried to pack as much flavour as I can in this beer, and it must have worked as it won its class at Bradford Beer festival.  Named after Lau's first Album, "Lightweights & Gentlemen" 3.2%, Great.

No comments:

Post a Comment