Wednesday 16 May 2012

Beer, Flags, Music and Climbing (but not in that order)

I have some great little chrome light switches for the boat, but by the time I have crimped spade connectors on the back, and the curvature of the cable, they will be too deep.

Plan B.  I will re-splice all of the switch connections, bringing the cable down to 2.5mm.  This will not be a problem as I am only using the 4mm and 6mm for the long runs to avoid voltage drop.  A short length of 2.5 at the switch should not matter.  2.5mm will be plenty for the current capacity.
  The 2.5mm tails will be more flexible to allow easier fitting of the switches, and I have ordered some "flags".  These are 90 degree spade connectors, and this will reduce the overall depth to about 30mm, which should be ok.

Langdale Charity Folk Festival time again.  I drove up to the lakes in brilliant sunshine, and decided to find a deserted spot to climb something.









  It is two years since I climbed a mountain, so I decided to cheat by starting from the top of Wrynose pass, and climbed up to Black Crag, on the way up to the summit of Pike O' Blisko.
 Half way up there is a small crag which was a great climb.  The rock here is volcanic and you get a fantastic grip - just what I need to get some confidence back after a break from climbing.
 As soon as I had cleared the top, the wind from the west dropped the temperature dramatically, and there were dark clouds in the distance (plus the 'Old' was a-calling!).
Going down is always harder than going up, but after a bit of scrambling I could see the car!

 The views driving back over to Langdale were fantastic...
 ...and then I was back in "the Valley".

The folk Festival was great, I love the sign over the bar "Sorry, We do not serve Mead".


Eleven O'clock and the place was still busy outside and in,

Several pints and the odd whiskey later, and it is the familiar stagger back to the campsite...
     ....zzzzzzz






No comments:

Post a Comment