Tuesday 8 May 2012

I may be some time...


Wednesday evening I went to Bridgewater Hall to see 10cc.  I haven't been to bridgewater Hall before.

Opposite what used to be Central Station, there is the impressive Midland Hotel. There is still plenty of this architecture remaining around Manchester but I still can't believe what idiot thinks that some of these modern glass monstrosities like the one to the right "fit in".

10cc were great, but I don't like the hall.  The sound was very echoing where I was in the third tier.  I think the room is too "squared off" for good accoustics, I think the people at Bridgewater Hall agree, because there were sound muffling blankets thrown over many of the surfaces.












At the end of the concert, to celebrate 40 years since "Donna" was a hit, they performed a superb acappella version.





Mayday bank holiday weekend we went down to Sherwood Forest for a show at the start of the Robin Hood Festival.

Even the knights have to have time off to walk the dog...

There was afantastic set-up of a blacksmiths forge, demonstrating making nails, hooks and all sorts of bits and pieces, there was an archery demonstration, but all to no avail.  Mayday weekend, the snow, the sleet, the high winds, rain, sub-zero temperatures and freezing fog destroyed any chance of a large public turnout.











It was that wild, we decided to set up the tents inside the beer tent!







No comments:

Post a Comment