Monday 23 April 2012

First Light




Thursday evening I went to the Lexington in London, just between Kings Cross and Angel.  I've not been there before, but Rachel Sermanni was playing.

She started the set on her own, with her superb guitar playing and amazing voice.  Having listened to her CD, it doesn't do her credit - you just have to see her live.

After a couple of songs she is joined by three girls playing fiddle and harmony singing, and one on piano.  This was truly a fantastic evening of music, and a shame when it ended.

On Saturday I was supposed to see Mark Radcliffe and the Big Figures at Bury Met.  3pm I got a phone call, "Mark has had to cancel the gig because he has food poisoning".  Something he eat maybe ?

Sunday afternoon I managed to get a couple of hours on the boat.  A trial fit of the Sterling Inverter/charger, and the electric cupboard is starting to get quite full.  I am going to fit a fan to the base of the cupboard in order to keep a reasonable air flow around all of this equipment.

A quick fitting of the first downlight, and a couple of switches, and the first of the many lights is working.
I got three different LED's to try and see the difference.  They range from cold, slightly blue-ish light, a reasonable neutral light, and a quite powerful slightly yellow light.  I can't make my mind up, so I will just buy a few of them and swap and change them until I am happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment