Friday 17 July 2015

Water & the Caribbean

I went down to Tonbridge to judge beer at the Juddians Rugby club.

 This was Charlies last competition before she goes to work for Farams.

Guy is excited when he finds the Tonbridge model railway club






Back from Tonbridge it was time for me to take the boat up its first locks.  Rob from nbBlueMoon said he would help me up the locks, then when I reached the top, we could walk back down and I would then help him up them.


We got up the locks without incident, so all I had to do was find somewhere to moor up.


 Just past the Wheelton boat club and "chug, chug, phut" the engine stopped, and wouldn't restart.

  I phoned Kier, and he said if I got down to Botany bay he would come and take a look, so we walked down the locks and I left Rob to go up the locks by himself, while I carried on to Botany.





Kier drove to the boat, which happened to be abandoned on his mooring, and quickly diagnosed water in the diesel.

He cleared the water and showed me how to bleed the system, then produced a couple of beers.  That is service!

We then sat in his tranquil mooring drinking beer until Rob turned up.

We then continued to Riley Green for overnight mooring with terrible beer at the Boathouse.


The following day we had an uneventful trip up the Blackburn flight to arrive at Eanam Wharf for Blackburn Canal Festival.

Had a great Caribbean curry in the Calypso, while being watched by Daves cat.

No comments:

Post a Comment