Sunday 8 March 2015

Festerers 15

We saw Rachel Sermani in Manchester with Tom Terrell.  Supporting were local artists Kate Ashton-Butler and Finch and the moon, both superb.  Next came Tom with his his up-beat Nova Scotia music about Drinking, Murder and Death. A bit like country & Western, but set to music. 


  Rachel finished the evening off in superb style.
 Monday was a bad day for England, as the last remaining PUBLIC transport firm was sold off to Virgin: how does the only national rail company, with the best service get sold to a private company with terrible service?  Simple answer : Government Corruption

The following weekend was at the Festerers reunion in Bowness, at a tatty run-down overpriced hotel.

I was going to get the ferry over to Sawrey, and walk around Claif Heights, but the ferry wasn't running.  Apparently it was too windy.

I set off in the other direction, up Squirrel Bank (I think ?) and headed over to Crook.

There was a duck sanctuary half way up the hill...

 ..and St Marys church is the outskirts of Crook

there is a Llama in the fields just outside of Crook

I continued on to Staveley to have a pint and something to eat at Hawkshead Brewery.




I'm glad I eat at the brewery, because the food at the hotel was overpriced rubbish.



Plus they ran out of beer, Guinness and wine.

I could see the snow down in the Valley, but I had to go the other way and go home :-(

   ..at least I got a better Sunday dinner at the Lock and Quay!

The kitchen worktops have had ten coats of oil now, and are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment