Saturday 28 March 2015

A break between two Festivals

Having not offended them too much last year, Padiham council asked us back to do another festival.

 35 Beers and 12 ciders and a set up in record time, so we celebrated with a spot of lunch



The doors opened and some people came, but not the hoards we were expecting.  I think beer festivals are getting so common, that they aren't anything special anymore.









 More to the point, I don't think anyone at the town hall could be bothered putting out the posters, banners and flyers we gave them!




Quick break between festivals, I went up to the Old.  After a few beers, I awoke the following morning to perfect walking weather.








That's it, I going for Bowfell.


Everybody and his dog was going up the Bands, so I decided to go up Mickleden and up between Bowfell buttress and Rosset.





Nice fluffy clouds and blue skies all the way up, perfectly warm I am down to a T shirt for the first time this year I think.






Having a short break overlooking Angle Tarn, and there still seems a bit of snow on Hanging Knotts.  I was only saying last night, that I haven't done any proper winter climbing for ages, and as it is now March, this is all that is left of the snow for this year.

The snow is melting, so it will be slippery and wet.

It would be insane to try to climb that by myself, without my climbing gear.

Ok.

It took a fair while to climb the snow, as it had partly thawed out, so several times I fell through to my waist.


Still evidence of snowmen though.

The last bit before the top was tricky, because I was trying to climb over this without breaking any of the superb icicles.

 Any normal person would have found a way around. Ho Hum!

Up to the top, and the views are superb.

A scramble over the rocks and I am at the top of Bowlfell, probably my favorite peak to climb.

There was a bit more snow going down towards the Bands,

 and more snowmen.

Back at the bottom, and it is a beautiful evening in Langdale.

Finished, and the best end to a slightly wintery walk.

Well, I thought that would be the last snow of the year, but the following morning...
A Beautiful setting for the Tipi's


And the snowmen are back


No comments:

Post a Comment