Monday 28 March 2011

All around my Hat

I went to St Albans Arena to see Steeleye Span.  Haven't seen them for a few years. They played some of the more traditional songs and they were superb.

I left St Albans at about 10:30pm, and thought that this must be the ideal time to travel up the M1/M6 back up north.  How wrong I was.
The M1 was shut to just one lane for most of the length.  Signs then told me the M1/M6 exit was closed.  I took the M45, and cut up past leicester to get to the M6. The entry slip road was closed, so I had a bit of a round about route to get back on the motorway. More signs then that the M6 Toll was closed, no problem, I stayed on the M6.  The M6/M5 was closed, so I came off at the A38 and back on again. Another sign. The M6/M62 junction was closed.  I came off accross to the M56.  The M56/M60 slip road was closed, so I carried on straight into Manchester, through the City centre and out onto the M66.  The M66 Ramsbottom exit was closed, so I had to go all the way up to Haslingden and turn around.  Finally got home at 3 AM - 4 1/2 hours to to 200 miles of motorway, made up almost entirely of cones, and no sign of any workmen at all.

Saturday I got over to the boat for a couple of hours for the first time this year i think.  I spent a couple of hours tidying up, and taking note of what tools and wood I needed because I was going top spend an entire day the following weekend finishing off the floor.

Another boat was out of the water for re-blacking, and I noticed quite a neat arrangement of horn/headlight on the front of the cratch.

No comments:

Post a Comment