Wednesday 12 August 2015

No longer Anonymous

Sunday, and I could take the boat back to Anderton to get the sign-writing finished. I did the reverse of the previous week, I drove the car to Anderton, then walked back to Acton Bridge, cross country this time.
It was after dinner when I got back to Acton Bridge, so set off to get the last booking at the boat lift.

I reached the locks at Salterford, but had to wait while a boat was coming down.

I arrived at the lift and had just turned around to moor up, when I was told to go straight in.

The second time now that I had been in the lift, and it is still a formidable piece of engineering.

Once at the top, I went on to Wincham, as somebody had recommended the Salt Barge for food.



When I got there, I was disappointed to find there was nobody behind the bar.  After 20 minutes, I managed to get a drink and asked for a menu.  I asked for a menu again, and after a while, I had finished my drink.  30 minutes later, I managed to get another drink, and ask for a menu again. By the time I had finished the second drink, nobody had yet found a menu, so I decided to leave.  I could understand it if the pub was busy, but there were only 20 customers in. The problem was the staff were just absent, and probably absent minded.


The food may be good, should you manage to order any, but the service at the Salt Barge is crap.

I returned to the marina and parked up ready for the morning.
Monday morning I was woken by a bunch of thugs.

I bought a new set of leisure batteries from the marina, and fit them.  By then the artwork was coming along nicely.


Tuesday I went to Olympia for the GBBF trade day.

Loren was enjoying herself.




I returned late Tuesday night, and woke Wednesday morning to a great sight.  The completed sign-writing.


No comments:

Post a Comment