Sunday 16 August 2015

Lots of Walking

I said my farewells and left Anderton Marina with all shiny new name :-)

I caught the port side at the front on Barnton Tunnel.  While waiting for the lights at Saltersford Tunnel, a woman on a moored boat told me not to look down the roof, but to stand at the side and look down the side of the boat, and judge it against the tunnel wall.
Saltersford tunnel, and Preston brook Tunnel - I sailed straight through!

I decided to stop at the far end of Preston Brook Tunnel, and walked up to Tunnel top for a couple of pints in the pub up there.  Very nice, but quiet on a Thursday evening.

I stopped at Midland Chandlers and got a new nav light, then turned left towards Runcorn.  This was a very pretty stretch of canal,
 then very suddenly, I was at the end of the canal at Runcorn.

I moored up, then got the train to Greenbank, then the bus to Anderton and collected the car.  I am amased at how well I am doing at remembering where I left the car!
I then drove to Moore, and dropped the car off.  A bus back to Runcorn and I could collect the boat again!
It was then an hour and a half to leave the Runcorn arm, and head for Moore, a very pretty village, and mooring.

After finishing at the brewery on Saturday, I went up to the Old for an evening.  I was a bit late for food, but they will always supply a few chips to go with the beer.

Sunday Morning I just had a quick climb up Mill Ghyll and Jakes Rake.

The weather wasn't good, so I decided to head back down to the boat, but called in at the Butcher on the way past.  Luke told me that there was going to be a memorial do for Timmy Tree on the Thursday, if I could make it.
I drove down to Lymm and left the car there.  I walked down part of something called NCN62.  This is a cross country Bridleway, which took me under the M6, and straight accross to the former docks at Thelwall.

I then walked out of Thelwall down to Moore.

Now in the boat,  I left Moore at 18:15, and got to Lymm at 20:00.

So far today, I have woken in a tent in Langdale, Climbed Jakes Rake, driven back to Lymm, Walked from Lymm to Moore, then sailed back to Lymm.  I think I have earned several beers!

No comments:

Post a Comment