Tuesday 20 May 2014

Pedestrian again

We spent a few hours in Nottingham, having a pint in the newish Blue Monkey pub.  They have a really nice terrace out the back.

 We then had a visit to the Hand and Heart, and a pint in the Trip just to round off the afternoon.


On the way back from the brewery on Saturday evening, what looked like a line on the motorway was a metal packing strip.  It wrapped itself around my front tyre and completely shredded it.  Good start for my new car!
What I hadn't noticed when I bought the car, was it had locking wheel nuts, and there was no key.

 I called the Recovery services who towed the car back to the boatyard, where I noticed that one front tyre was shredded, and the other front tyre had five cuts in it as well.
Sunday and I called the garage out to remove the locking nuts, at £10 per go.  Unfortunately the nuts were on that tight that the locking wheel nut remover snapped instead!  I had to leave to go to work, by train.

No comments:

Post a Comment