Thursday 1 May 2014

Craft beer or Crap Beer ?


We went to see Toyah playing at the Grand, Clitheroe, a great venue. A superb night out drinking beer and listening to great music.



I took the train down to Newton Abbot, as I had been invited to Tuckers Maltings for the South West Beer Competition.  I had not been to this part of the country since the seventies.

I got the train at Paddington, as I wanted to see what the sea wall was like at Dawlish.  As I was a little early for the train, I had a wander down the canal at Little Venice.


There was a historic working boat Bilster, looking very impressive, and a great boat selling wonderful fresh coffee!


The sea wall at Dawlish was quite impressive, and it is easy to see why it has taken such a battering



Had a great day at the beer competition, and even went out for a cider at Ye Olde Cider Bar. Then we went for a couple of terrible cloudy sour beers at ridiculous prices at the so-called "Craft beer house" called Teign Cellars.  Terrible beer, and poor bar staff who just dismiss it as "oh, its real ale"
I wont be drinking there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment