Friday 16 May 2014

Bang goes the V70

I'm just on my way back to the boat, and I noticed that I was nearly out of diesel.  I diverted towards the petrol station, and BANG, the car stops.  It looks like the cam belt has snapped.  The car had only done 303,000 miles as well.  Never mind at least it died BEFORE I put £100 worth of diesel in the tank.

I made a start on the ceiling, by putting a length of 9x1 down the middle.
 I think this will make a reasonable looking panel that will hold all of the Vents.  Either side of this I have the thin tongue and groove boards. I had ordered 300 feet of this, to do the ceiling in the galley, dinette and lounge.  I managed to get most of it done, but I am still about 4 feet short.  It is amazing how much wood it takes to panel the ceiling.

A quick search of t'interweb and I have found a new car, much newer and only 122,000 miles, low profile tyres (which I don't like), and slightly less power than the old V70, but a nice tidy car.

No comments:

Post a Comment