Monday 16 January 2017

#alcoholinspiredresolutions

I've finaly got round to buying myself a new camera, since my Canon film camera died a couple of years ago. So I can now take better photo's than just using my phone.  Kier rang,  "as the sun was shining shall we go for a cruise on Eendricht" ?


 

We went for a short while down towards Wigan, passing Ellerbeck

Once we got toWhite Bear, we turned around and headed back to Chorley.

New camera, lots of photo's!
After boxing day, the sun was shining, so I wandered around the boatyard taking pictures, getting used to the camera.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then, New Years Eve, it was a great sunny morning, I set off up to the Old.  I got to the campsite and had the tent set up in daylight, but I thought, this is too early to go to the pub, so I wandered around the campsite for a bit taking more photos.
 


 
Pretty soon it was getting dark.  Now I could justify going to the pub!
 
A great night in the Old, but I was full of cold, so I left fairly early, about half one.  Time for the resolutions, I thought I would make quite a few, as I never seem to manage them then I thought the more I make, then I might be able to keep at least one of them!
  • Get rid of this cold!
  • Get my leg working again - it all seems fixed, I just need to get the strength back in it
  • Walk 500 miles.  I tried this 2 years ago up to the point where I fell off Tarn Crag!
  • Learn to ride a pushbike.
  • Cycle 500 km (bikes seem to work in km for some reason)  Some or all of this may be on a static bike, as I don't own, or know how to ride a pushbike.

and the big one

  • Climb all 127 mountains of the Lake District.  I am classifying a mountain as over 2000 feet.  I did this in the eighties and did all but Great Gable, but I thought I would just start again.

The following morning I had a breakfast, then had a wander down the valley until I felt it was OK to drive home.  The sun was shining, blue skies and little wind - perfect climbing weather, but I was stuffed with this cold, so the mountains would have to wait.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

 
I took the footpath past Rosset, as there is a wonderful array of farming "bits" to photograph

 
 
 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment