Monday 6 June 2016

Peace and quiet at Simsons Fold


After a few weeks at Botany Bay, the noise from the motorway gets a bit much.  Kier said he wasn't using his mooring, as his boat is out of the water, so I decided to move on for a couple of days.

I was just passing the mill at Botany Bay when I had a passer by shouting questions at me.  I pulled in, and found it was my old friend, and superb chef, Arif, who I hadn't seen for about five years.  After chatting for a while, I carried on up the Johnson Flight.  Whoever had been up before me had left the ground paddles open, so there was no water in the middle of the flight. I had to go up to the top to let water down before I could move further.

Once I got to the top, Kier joined me for the mile or so onto his mooring.
 This was such a peaceful spot in the middle of nowhere, a complete contrast to Botany Bay next to the M61.
 We went up to the Golden Lion, 3/4 mile up the lane for a pint, and got a welcome from some of the locals outside the pub
 A great view from this peaceful mooring.

No comments:

Post a Comment