Thursday 18 September 2014

Is this the real life?

It was Langdale folk festival again, so after a record fast day brewing beer, we managed to get up to the campsite before dark.  I have finally got a new decent tent from Terra Nova and, although a little odd, it weighs nothing, and is easy and quick to put up.

A great night in the Old, with the Yates Bitter superb, and a couple of pints of Marshmallow Unicorn joining in.
Walking back to the campsite at around midnight, it is great to see the dark mountains looming over you, with the night sky strangely bright in the background. I have often tried, and failed, to capture this on a camera, but I tried again tonight, dodging out of the road as Jilly hurtled past me on a pushbike.

I know it doesn't capture what I could see, but use your imagination...

Sunday morning and it was dull, so we just had a quick wander up side pike before heading home




Tuesday night was a nice cool September evening, and I made my way down to the river at Putney.


 I was off to the Half Moon to see Hayseed Dixie.  Support was from Jenny wren and her borrowed wings, with a great selection of chill-out music.

Hayseed Dixie followed, a superb band, and if you haven't seen them you have missed some great music.  Their version of Bohemian Rhapsody is better than Queens!

Wednesday and I am off to York to judge beer in the North East.  I like York, but the beer at the festival, although better than last year, was mainly flat.



We had a couple of great pints in the town and rounded off the evening with a superb curry - Salmon tikka - unusual but superb.




No comments:

Post a Comment