Wednesday 14 November 2012

Blasting from the Past


After a week of work, I had a full weekend of music.  Friday night I saw a complete blast from the past, Gong at Band on the Wall.

  I was expecting to see the place full of grey hair but the place was packed with young students!





Saturday night I went down Oxford Road to the Deaf institute to see Lau. Before I went in, I thought I would try some of the pubs in the area first. I found a complete rip-off pub across the road, a great pint of Redemptin Trinity, but £3.80 for a 3.0% beer ? Thieving *******'s.

The place was absolutely heaving and Lau were fantastic.  What a great venue the deaf institute is.

When I left, I jumped on a passing bus to get back to Piccadilly. An Asian woman got on the bus and started ranting at everybody that they were all murderers, and war criminals, everybody would go to hell, and generally abusing the world in general.
What happened next was one of those surreal moments. All of the passengers, un-prompted and out of the blue, started singing "Always look on the bright side of life".  Brilliant!

Sunday evening and it was over to the Trades Club in Hebden Bridge for another blast from the past. Focus, Thijs Van Leer looking great still!

Monday I went up to Cockermouth delivering beer, and came back the "pretty way" to collect some empties from the Craven Arms.  Great views over the Yorkshire hills.



No comments:

Post a Comment