Monday 26 March 2012

Heavy crimping


Friday afternoon, I managed to sneak a couple of hours down at the boat again.  I was determined to get the battery charging all sorted.
I am using the tinned thinwall cable from VWP, so even the 50mm stuff is manageable.  Quite a few heavy duty crimps, and a bit of heatshrink later, the huge 175A alternator is connected via the Sterling 210A alt-to-batt charger.


When the engine started, the charger springs into life.  This is a good step forward because now I know I can run the engine periodically, and get some charge into the batteries to keep them in shape.




A bit more light duty wiring, and the Smartgauge is connected, so the batteries can be monitored as well.



While the engine was running I took a stoll around the boat to see how noisy it was.  A beautiful murmouring tickover, I'm glad I spent the money on the hospital silencer.  Once the engine is shrouded, the boat will sound great.

 One hour less sleep on Sunday, and it seems to be summer.  It seems an age since last time I sat outside KRO having a pint in the sun while waiting for the train.

Two hours later, and the sun is just set over Putney Bridge.

I'm back to the Half moon again.  This time Jacquie McShee's Pentangle.

I haven't seen them for thirty years or so, and they sound great.

The half moon in Putney is a great venue, great atmosphere, but the Northerner in me is still irritated by the £3.50 a pint bit!

No comments:

Post a Comment