Tuesday 20 March 2012

Albion and Lancashire

Tuesday I went to see the Albion Band in Stevenage.  I was a bit shocked when they came on stage and not a sign of a grey hair!
This wasn't the Albion Band as such, but a completely new line-up, with some connections to the Original Albion band.  I still feel a bit cheated as, connection or no connection, they are still advertising as being someone they are not.
The music was good though, and Kat Gilmore on the fiddle was very good, but the whole atmosphere was ruined by some idiot banging away at a set of drums at the back.  He was OK when simply providing percussion support, but kept resuming his "rock-n-roll" bashing out a beat that was completely inappropriate to the style music.
Got to the boat for a couple of hours Friday Teatime - I can do this now it is lighter in the evenngs!
I connected up the engine electrics and starter battery and, holding my breath, turned the key.  The engine started immediately.  Phew!  It has been five months since I have had the engine running!
I fit the new Stirling Alternator to battery charger in place in the "electric box" so I will have some regulation from the massive 175A domestic alternator.  The Isolation transformer sits to the right, but I think I will re-enforce this as the isolation transformer is a lot heavier than I thought it would be.
I looked at the alternator, but I haven't got enough 50mm cable, so this will have to wait until next week when I get my next VWP order.

Scouser J has fit the woodburner during the week with a stainless chimney.  Now all I need to do is design the hearth and back to finish this corner.






I got back to Rammy and saw the Lancashire Sauce van, so took a picture for Mr Gilhespy.



 Sunday night and I called in at the half moon in Putney.  Since I was last here all the boardin gup has been removed and there is a superb large bar, serving four real ales and food, which I must try next time.

The Accoustic Gathering were on with a great mix of Lindisfarne tunes from Ray Jackson, with other songs from Doug Morter and Gerry Donahue.  Excellent evening.



No comments:

Post a Comment