Tuesday 14 October 2014

Nottingham Marina

Wednesday I was in Nottingham for the Midlands Beer judging. This year I got a cheap booking in the Holiday Inn at the marina.  Maybe next year I will bring the boat down!



It was a nice walk down the canal into Nottingham from the marina, down through the area known as Tinkers Lean.



This area has had a lot of new development, mainly flats as this is now a University town. 

There is still a lot of history here though, including the old British Waterways buildings.



Back at the boat (remember the boat ?) I had a trial fit of the Dining Table.  This is held up with a leg made of two peices of wood clamped together until I can devise a way of building a folding, or a telescopic leg.  This will enable the table to drop down and provide a, slightly short, 5'10" double bed, for any shorter guests I may have stopping over.




While the table is up, I will celebrate by having some tea sat down at the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment