Sunday 1 December 2013

Swing and Thanksgiving

'Cos Roberto is american (nobody's perfect) we have to celebrate Thanksgiving.  Even when he gets the date wrong!






So we had an amazing meal at Lukes.  Being American, Roberto fell asleep half way through the meal, but Sophie was making up for it by being the party animal!


I saw the Swing Commanders in the theatre in Ramsbottom.  I haven't seen them since they played in Great Harwood, which must have been five years ago.  They were better than I remember, a great night of music.

Having fit the remaining radiators to the boat, and cured all the leaks, I now have a toasty hot boat with ridiculously hot water.  The water pressure is too much for the basin, so I have fitted pressure reducing valves to both hot and cold.  I don't know how much of a difference this will make, but we will see once the plumbing is finished.

I went up to Edinburgh and had a couple of beers near the Queens Hall, before I saw Lau, who were far better than they were in Manchester.  

On the train back, I decided to draw up a list of jobs that need doing on the boat, thinking this will help me organise what I am doing.  By the time I got to Chorley, I had ten pages of jobs.  I decided that a list of jobs to be done is daunting, and is probably not a good idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment