Wednesday 18 December 2013

Smooth walls

Sunday, and the first job was to clear everything out of the WC ready for the laminate.

I decided that cutting the laminate warranted a new blade for the stanley knife.  I know, extravagant expenses, but without regard to the budget I set off to B&Q.  I have had problems with the staff at this B&Q being idiots in the past, but when I approached the till with some stanley knife blades, what I was not expecting was "do you have any ID?".  Apparently you have to prove you are over 25 to buy knife blades.  As this is the first time I have been "ID'ed" since trying to drink in Preston in the Seventies I was quite chuffed.  However if she thought I looked under 25 then she needs to get a new guide dog, because I know I look at least 28!

The laminate cut really easily, probably due to a fresh blade and sticking it to the wall seems easy as well, even though I expected it to fall straight off again, as soon as you put some decent pressure on it, it sticks.  Even though it seems to take no time at all, soon it was going dark and time to pack up again.
Two walls done and the first porthole liner fixed. I was hoping to have the remaining wall, ceiling and floor done today, but it does take longer than it seems.

 Next week maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment