Wednesday 6 April 2016

Wombling through Wigan

The Wigan locks are now open, so I can leave Chorley. I have my new exhaust, and partly finished engine room, so it is time to have a trip down to Liverpool.
Firstly my new workshop arrives at Chorley.

Now I somewhere to put all the accumulated tools and detritus so I am not tripping over them on my boat all the time!

I filled up with diesel at White Bear, at £1.00 a litre!  they were the only people who had diesel though.
I reached Wigan locks, and shared down with another boat. 
 Quite lucky really because half way down, my engine died, and I had to clean all the water out of the injectors.  Not only had White Bear Marina charged me £1 a litre, but their diesel was full of water!


 There was a wheelbarrow in one of the locks, so I fished it out (wombling)
The Wigan flight took 4 hours, and we finished off with a few beers in Wigan Central.

 Monday night, Sam was leaving the brewery after three years to get a proper job, so we all went out for a meal to celebrate at the Budda Lounge

Back top the boat, and I went down to Plank lane for a pump-out.  On the way back I noticed this great sculpture at the junction of the Leeds Liverpool and the Bridgewater Canals.

No comments:

Post a Comment