Sunday 29 November 2015

Late trains and floods

Having left Burnley, a decided to spend a week in Clayton-le-moors.  I had front row tickets for steeleye span in Oswaldtwiste on the Thursday night.  Heading off from work, everything was going fine until the train broke down.
 I phoned Rob but he couldn't go to see them by himself, because I had the tickets!  I finally got into Leeds just in time to miss the last train to Accrington.  The staff at Virgin East Coast put me in a taxi, and half an hour later, we discovered that the M62 was closed for overnight roadworks.  six o'clock I was supposed to get back, a quarter to one in the morning I got back.  Why did some idiot give Virgin trains the East Coast mainline, a really well run service, now another Virgin Rail fiasco.

Friday I sailed on to Blackburn to the Calypso for goat curry and Red stripe!



On the Saturday I went up to Langdale, which was quite flooded.  Still, a superb night of food, beer and company.

No comments:

Post a Comment