Sunday 27 September 2015

Tunnel at the top

I went to London and met up with Tony Sturgess who I hadn't seen for ages.  We went on to Cecil Sharpe house and saw Rachel Sermanni and Jennifer Austin - a perfect combination.

Then it was up to Elgoods Brewery for the East of England judging.  Great beers here, and judging the speciality beers was difficult.  I am not normally keen on fruit beers, but there was an apple beer and a raspberry beer that were truly superb.

This is a great beer festival, it is just a shame that it is always so quiet.  There are still some duboius barstaff though





But Siobhan was doing a cracking job keeping the pints flowing

And finding time to entertain one of the brewery cats.











When I got back to the boat, there was a stunning heron on the river.


A beautiful sunny afternoon, and I moved on from the top of the locks, and headed for Foulridge.

 
Soon I reached Foulridge tunnel.


I had to wait ten minutes for the light to go green...

  ..then it was off through the tunnel at the top of the L&L

..and out the other side, to moor up at Foulridge.

No comments:

Post a Comment