Monday 1 April 2013

Breakdown


I finally got back on the boat! Having earned some Money, I now have a calorifier and Waste tank.

I have also now wired up the engine bilge pumps (three, as the bilge in this boat is in three sections!), so at last the water in the bilge is ejected.

Speedfit fittings mean it only takes a couple of hours to complete the plumbing of the boat.

 I've just spent £160 in plumbing fittings though, so it isn't cheap, but the speedfit are the best, and I don't want to have to come back and repair this later.

All the tails are in place ready for the sink, washing machine, shower, etc. In addition I have also put a hot and cold tap in the engine room.





I was supposed to see Steeleye Span at the Lowry, but my car stopped on the motorway.  It was too late to get there by public transport.  The following day I found that a Turbo Hose had split.  £4.00 for a short length of pipe and the car was good as new.  It cost me £18 in Front Row Steeleye Span tickets though :-(







I got back to Manchester on the Thursday evening and wandered down the canal to Dukes for a couple of pints before going to the Lowry to see the amazing Sad Cafe.  Brilliant.

No comments:

Post a Comment