Thursday 30 August 2012

Down in the Bilge


On Sunday, I managed to get to the boat for the afternoon. A boat had appeared beside me, by the looks of it they have a bit of work to do.




I now have a checklist of jobs for when I get to the boat, and this saves me spending the first hour wandering around wondering where I had got up to the last time I was here!  The first job was to wire up the bilge pump and bilge alarm. Ten minute job ?

By the time I had grovelled in the bilge under then Engine long enough to get the pump and alarm sensor in, and run the wires in a protective cover clear of the prop, then an hour and a half had gone!

Wiring the panel up was reletively easy, it is easier to wire when standing upright, rather than dangling upside down under an engine.  The panel is now complete, other than one additional switch I will fit to isolate the battery alarm while starting the engine.

I carried on tidying all the cabling away down the length of the boat, when I ran out of cable ties (again).

No comments:

Post a Comment