Monday 20 February 2012

No progress


I got back to the 'Tap' a bit earlier on Thursday night, and found that the impromptu Thursday night bit of folk music is becoming a bit less impromptu!

Folk music sung around the bar, in an unconstrained manner makes for a fantastic atmosphere.  This is partly the roots of folk music, a few mates (or, indeed, strangers) having a bit of a sing and a play over a couple of beers.  Great.

When I get up to Langdale for the Folk Festival in May, I am determined to get up some mountain or other.  Crinkle would be great, if not just for the view, but I fear there is not much downhill left in my knees.

After working a 13 hour day again on Saturday, I thought I must at least be getting some form of exercise, and thus be getting at least a little bit fitter.
How come, then, I wake up on Sunday feeling as if I have just been beaten up ?  I am going to have to do something to get a bit fitter, so I can get up the mountains - and May is getting closer...

Sod it, I'll go back down the Major for one of Stuarts brilliant Peppered Steak Puddings!  No kidneys, just Steak. Perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment