Monday 9 January 2012

Warming up


Back at the boat, Handy Andy finally turned up and fitted the rebate locks to the doors. I had a play with Photoshop to try our some ideas for graphics on the front of the boat.

I've got a boatmans stove, so I can get a bit of heat into the place.  J has welded a back boiler to it, so I can run a radiator off it as well.  All I need to do know is build a hearth for it, and connect up the chimney, and we have somewhere to burn all the offcuts of wood!


I started putting in the main wiring runs, all done in tinned thinwall cable.  I have five lighting circuits, the front three run in 6mm cable to avoid voltage drop, the rear two in 4mm. Red for 12V, Black for 0V and Blue for the link wire of the two way light switches.

The colour scheme may not be standard, but I have a limited number of colours available, so I will make do with what I have got.

Once the runs are in, I make them into bundles using cable ties every 6".  This is a lot easier using the cable tie gun I got from ebay for £5.99.  This takes all the strain from my aging fingers.

No comments:

Post a Comment