Friday 7 October 2011

Music Mad...




Stopped at the Pied Bull in Chester to see Mark Radcliffe and the Big Figures playing at Alexanders.  Had a couple of pints in the Bull, and nearly got embroiled in the pub quiz.  Went over to Alexanders, which is a great, semi open air venue.  The band were great, but I missed half the second half because I was busy talking to Jock "Mahone" outside.


 Then it was off to Hitchin Folk Club at the Sun to see Richard Digance. He had Doug Morter and Gerry Donahue playing a couple of songs. It seems Doug Morter was at school with Richard.

Stopped in the Sun, where you can get the best breakfast I have found to date in Hertfordshire.



 Wednesday and I was off to the Putney Half moon to see the Accoustic Gathering. Being accoustic there was no Clive Bunker, who I consider the worlds most entertaining drummer, But Doug Morter, Ray Jackson and Gerry Donahue performed a brilliant evening of music, including some of my favourite Lindisfarne songs.


Friday, and it was back to the Met to see the Stumble.  Fantastic Blues, and fantastic show.



  Its hard work taking a hot when the lead singer is wearing white though!


Last outing, went to see Lau at Camridge.  The Junction is a great little venue just 5 mins walk from the train station.

 I was sat next to Martin Greens Baby sitter!  I presume from when he was young...

No comments:

Post a Comment