Thursday 4 August 2011

Beer in Berkeley, London and Rammy



We did a beer tent at Berkeley castle, but it was very quiet.  We managed to break even, but it was close.  Too many people are living off "cheap" stuff from supermarkets these days. I feel like I am one of the few who prefer quality to cheapness.

Went down to London for the GBBF.  Good beers at the SIBA bar, but the rest of it was the same old predictable beers.  It seems to me from this festival that there are no new beers or brewers available.  Had a couple of terrible beers that the CAMRA "expert" told me I don't know what I'm talking about, but generally the beers were good, just the same selection as last year.  Had an interesting conversation on the train back...

Back up north, and a new brewery tap opened in Rammy - by a micro pig. Who needs celebrities to open places, when you can get a pig to do it!



No comments:

Post a Comment