Sunday 24 July 2011

What, no beer ?

I went to Hatfield house on Sunday for the Folk by the Oak, 1 day festival.
 This is the oak I presume...


 A great venue and a great line up.  I checked out the beer tent which was a great setup from Tring brewery, except...

Where's the beer ? I counted fourteen casks, and could see two more out the back. I can't help it but, I've done quite a few beer festivals and beer tents and it seems to come second nature, there is not enough beer there.

"We've got plenty of beer" from the bar staff.  Only four people servig meant there was a queue half way accross the festival site, and, sure enough,they ran out of beer just a couple of hours into the music.

The music started with Tyde - a young band who have a fantastic sound punching way above their weight.

A great afternoon in the sun with Bella Hardy, The Bad Shepherds, Kris Drevers fantastic voice with Heidi Talbot, Show of hands and Seth Lakeman.





No comments:

Post a Comment