Thursday 27 May 2010

Brrm Brrm!

Wow! What a band!

Went to see Ade Edmondson & the Bad Shepherds in St Albans on Wednesday.

Elle Edmonson did the support act, playing a 12 string guitar. Far better than last time I saw her - the 12-string seems to suit her style much more.



The Bad Shepherds now have Andy Finan playing Fiddle - quite deserving the accolade "best fiddler of Ireland" that I think he has won 2 years running ?

The Fiddle playing on "Down at the Tubestation at Midnight" was absolutely brilliant. Now there's a phrase I never thought I'd say!

Saw Karen Mathieson at bury Met on Friday night - what a fantastic voice!

Spent Saturday in the belting down sunshine sanding down the roof. All of the untidy welds needed grinding down a bit more, but the filler was setting as soon as it touched the hot metal! Got the whole roof cleaned up and all the welds finished for sanding, but I couldn't touch the metal without burning, and my back was burning (what a change from last year), so I decided to get in the shade for a bit.

Control panel is on, and the engine starts - Yipee!

Sunday I decided that the hot sunny weather was best utilised by sitting in a beer garden drinking beer. What a brilliant idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment