Monday 2 February 2015

Bugged by diesel

Now it is nice and frosty in the morning, the eberspacher decided to pack in.  I tried clearing the error codes, but it would not light.  I had to remove it in order to return it for fixing.  This is where I wish I had fit isolator valves to it.









Once I had turned off all of the radiators, I managed to get most of the water from the header tank collected in a bottle for re-use.  I removed the boiler and, while it was off, decided to tidy up the pipework running to the boiler, to reduce any chance of airlocks.  I spent about an hour cutting pipes, and fitting them behind the engine, dangling almost upside down, and banking my head on the mains cupboard repeatedly.

When I tried the pipe with some water, almost every joint was leaking!.  I removed all of the pipes, dangling almost upside down, and banking my head on the mains cupboard repeatedly.

It was then I discovered that, instead of 22mm pipe, I was using 20mm conduit!

Never start a plumbing job on a Sunday!  Sod it, I decided to go to the pub.  Just to be different, I decided to go to the butcher, 14 miles or so along the canal. 

It was a beautiful sunny day, if a little cold, as I walked towards the remains of the old Blackburn Royal Infirmary,

..through Mill Hill...

..and up to Infirmary locks.





Just beyond Whitebirk, the canal was frozen, leaving the ducks confused.











When I returned to the boat, there was a new arrival.



Needs a bit of TLC.


No comments:

Post a Comment