Monday 7 July 2014

You call that a seat ?

The tour de France is passing through Yorkshire.  At first I thought that they must be using a Satnav, but it seems they always do the TDF in the wrong country.  Don't ask me!


Anyway, apparently loads of people will travel to Yorkshire, walk up a mountain, early to get a "good spot", then stand waiting for 3 or 4 hours to see WHOOSH, all the bikes go past in about thirty seconds, then they all wander back off the mountain.

I really don't see the point in all of this, however, as they must be thirsty when they come off the mountain, we set up a beer tent at Littlebrough.

Lots of fun selling real ale to lager drinkers, but ~I still don't see the point...

After the beer tent was packed up I hot-footed it over to Oswaldtwistle to see Richard Digence, well, the last half of RD as I was late!

Back on the boat, I have a new 36" 12V telly, which will also do as a PC Monitor so this is bolted behind the bookcase.




Between the kitchen and the bookcase, there will be a dining area!  Two small filing cabinets fit under the seat niceley, and I built the seat frame around these.

I will have the floor betwene the seats raised by about 7" so when you are sat at the table, you can see out of the window reasonably.

This is the basic structure, needing trim around the edges of the cushoin panels, but now I am in the quandry of having to think about material, colours patterns and all sorts of technical bits!

No comments:

Post a Comment