Thursday 17 July 2014

Jump!


It was time for the annual trip down to Tonbridge for the South East judging session.  The Humphrey Bean had changed completely from last year, with good beer and good food.  There was a great selection of beers at the festival, and I found the new beers from Trumans brewery, interesting as I used to drink Trumans when I lived in Suffolk many years ago.

There is a sign under the toilet seat on the train that I found amusing



Hot-footing it back from Tonbradge on the Saturday morning to the brewery, and a quick diversion from brewing to climb up Holcombe Hill and abseil from the top of Peel tower. I wore my brewing overalls as I thought the logo on the back would make a good publicity shot, however this was covered by the harness!



I think sixty people did the jump in total and helped raise £2600 for the mountain rescue.

Now I have the seat frame in place, I could mount the PC.  This is an in-car PC which runs off 10-20V DC.  It seems wrong because it is so small and light, but running off DC it doesn't need the huge transformer or power supply that other PC's have.


Windows 7 is not so good though, and Office 2010 is even worse, so although I will persevere with Windows 7, I shall stick to using Office 2003, as all the useful bits have been removed or over-complicated in office 2010.

No comments:

Post a Comment