Friday 2 November 2012

Up North

We had a great late summer evening, with great golden sunsets in Ramsbottom
At the start of the Homegrown Festival we had a couple of musicians in the brewery tap, including a drummer using a cask for a drum!


Many times I have said that I would like to see Lau up in Scotland, as they are (2/3 anyway) a Scottish band.  So, they have just launched a new album, which I think is quite dark really, but the second Live CD in the Limited edition is great, and the limited edition is in a booklet with some fantastic photo's.

Anyway, I'm digressing.

Lau are starting their new tour with a gig in the Ironworks in Inverness, so



 Some great views on the way up, Berwick, and Edinburgh...

I stopped in the Royal Highland hotel, right on the railway station.  this hotel was opened a year before the first train came to Inverness.

I was up early to have a wander around Inverness while waiting for the Sun to come up










 I found this sign amusing

Then back to the station for the journey south through fantastic scenery










I have passed Stirling now and it is raining and Grey.  I will jump off at York and head over to Manchester, and behind the Bar at Bury Beer Festival, opening at 12:00 today!

No comments:

Post a Comment