Monday 2 May 2011

Changed my mind....

During the week, I thought of a better way of doing the shower floor.  I got back on the boat and ripped up the battens I had fixed the week before.
I put a sheet of marine ply direct to the Steel Angles of the base.  This will be 3" below the finished floor level because of the missing battens, but as the ply is fixed in many places to the steel, there is little or no flex in the floor.
I got a low profile shower trap from Taps4less.com.  The lower part of the trap fits into this sheet of marine ply.  I then fit tapered battens to provide the slope down to the drain.  More 18mm marine ply was cut into 4 "triangles" to form the slope.  This was then screwed to the battens.
The shower area is a slope, and the remaining area of the wetroom is still 1" lower than the floor on the rest of the boat, so that should keep the wet bits in the wet room quite nicely.

Sunday was sunny, so me and Luke decided to go climbing for the first time in 18 months.  Physically we did fine, in all respects other than the shaking!  I think that climbing is more nerve than anything at the moment!















Got a new toy at work, Turbocad 3D.  I thought I'd practice by drawing up the steps for the boat...

No comments:

Post a Comment