Tuesday 10 May 2011

Beer steps and coffee...

Went to Ludlow to Judge beer of Wales and West on Friday.  I've never been to Ludlow before.  I wandered past the castle, and found a great mixture of old and new buildings.

  This Blue plaque mentions that this house used to be a pub.  Now where does that sound familiar ?






 

There is one remaining gate on a stretch of the city wall.  My only question is, why is the pub on the OUTSIDE ?


Back home on Saturday, and I managed a couple of hours on the boat.  I built the steps as per the design and they look great.  The top step should hinge, and the bottom step lift out.

 All I need is the Accumulator, and a few plumbng bits and I can get the Plumbing installed.  The steps need a hinge and a few clips to finish, then I will stain and varnish them to match the door.


Went up to the lakes on sunday for a beer or three in the Old.  I had a day off on Monday, as it was my birthday, so I wole up early in the lakes, and made a great coffee on the gas powered Italian coffee kettle that Luke got me for my Birthday.  I can see this becoming very usefull for the caffeine intake on the boat...
Low clouds, so all I could do was wander around at low level for a bit.

Monday night I went to Nottingham to see a live recording of I'm Sorry I haven't a Clue.  Brilliant again, especially the bit where John Naismith,  the producer accidentally locked himself out of the Theatre!

No comments:

Post a Comment