Thursday 20 August 2009

Music Maestro

"Pantone One Hundred and Eighty!"

Well, I went to Fairport Convention this weekend just because I have always done it. I went the "pretty way" via Braunston to pick up some zinc phosphate primer. Some good music on, but mostly it seems to be the only time in the year I have any time off work. Note to Self. Must get a life sometime.


Once the tent was up at Cropredy, it was time for a pint, so a quick walk down the canal to the Red Lion. I noticed Saddleworth on the side of a boat, and after a chat with the owner, learned that the Huddersfield canal goes all the way up to Saddleworth. The number of times I have driven through there and never realised that there was a canal there.


Friday morning got a coffee & sat by the canal waiting for the pub to open for breakfast (You can get a bad name for yourself sitting outside a pub at 7.00 am waiting for it to open). Saw a tug & butty coming down the canal carrying roofing materials. Interesting to watch it going through the locks.

I went into Banbury, first time I had been into the town for several years, and was very impressed by the Quay area redevelopment. I had a wander and looked at all the boats to get some idea of a colour scheme. I liked the blue and maroon, then again I like the Green. The Green and Red looks good. So does the Red. Ditto the red & gold. The green and blue looks good. So does the very dark green.


Sod it, I'm going to put all the pictures on a dartboard and pick the colour scheme the Eric Bristow Method.



Saturday Left the pub as it was getting a bit manic and sat by the lock drinking beer (it's a hobby i suppose). Saw a hire boat with a very direct means of opening lock gates. You just ram them!

2 comments:

  1. Hey dude. Nice blog. Me and Bones went to Cropredy. I was the grumpy ol git in the wheelchair and on sticks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Was I talking to you outside the Red Lion? I was the sad old git drinking beer & photographing boats.
    Did see Bones walking the dogs though.

    ReplyDelete