Thursday 20 August 2009

Back to Work


"Get back on your horse and get the hell outa town!"

Start of August - definitely working on the boat. Friday night went out for a meal with Lady P & co. Well, I have to keep my strength up for the job in hand you know. Awful meal. Why do people think that Microwaving a wholesalers pie constitutes a good restaurant meal just because you cut the carrots chunky.

Had a strange dream. Don't get me wrong, I often get strange dreams, but this one seemed to be a happy dream. Normally I just get nightmares. Good portent possibly ?

Got myself a notebook and made a list of the snags that need sorting out on the shell. Getting organised at last. So now when the welder has some time free I have two full pages of snags for him to have a go at. Simple things like Welding the rubbing strakes on, rather than just tacking them and filling the gaps with silicon. Perhaps Mr Stilton doing a runner has been a good thing, as now I can get a professional job done.

In the meantime, I have spent the weekend shifting bricks about in the boat. By Saturday evening I have Eight "bays" bitumined ready for the bricks to go in their final resting place.

Sunday morning. Had breakfast with Lady P at a new farm shop we discovered. Good field mushrooms and nice sausages, but the usual mistake of using cheap sliced bread, and not cooking the tomatoes enough. We should start work on the definitive guide to where not to breakfast. Breakfast Nightmares ? No I don't think I could swear that much, besides I'm a better cook than Ramsey.

Put the bricks on the newly painted (or should that be bitumined ?) floor, and cleared the next few bays ready for the bitumin. Tried different patterns of laying the bricks but ended up with them on edge as the easiest way to fit them all in. This means that the bricks are resting on the floor, not on spacers, but I havent the clearance for the spacers. Never mind.

Bridge over the River Kwai time again as there have been sunflakes belting down on the shell all afternoon. Cleaned the new floor area, but I have had too much time in the sweat box, so I am legging it and leaving the bitumin until next weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment