Saturday 14 September 2013

Maggie hasn't shut it all down

Another afternoon on the boat, and I have just spent a small fortune on marine ply, but with a cunning plan.
I have had the ply delivered to the house, where, I have a (just plastered) completely empty room awaiting decorating.

Rather than struggling to cut the ply to size on the boat, I can measure and make patterns as necessary, and cut the 8x4 sheets at the house, where there is room to manoeuvre them.
So, armed with a roof template, and a side template, I have managed to erect the first wall in the boat, between the bedroom and the WC.  However there is still a considerable gap at the top of the wall. So much for the clever templates!
I had far more success with the wall linings, and soon I have the first porthole liner temporarily in place.  Nice!




Friday I was in Grantham, and it was like a ghost town. In the town centre on a Friday dinnertime, we were virtually alone.

Seeking food, we ventured into the Blue Pig.  This is nothing to do with a coloured animal, the blue indicates the owner, years ago, supported the torys.

The blue Pig was a great find, a nice pint of Oldershaws Blonde, and the most amasing mixed grill for £8.99.

We wandered into the town centre and spotted a great name for a design company.








In the town square there is a statue to Newton.  I didn't know he was from Grantham.








We went in the Lord Harrowby, which was a short walk from the town centre, and very quiet, but a great little pub, with a great pint of Brewsters Calamity Jane.

We then found where everybody was, they were in the Nobody Inn. A real quirky pub with a great atmosphere at the North of the town centre. The toilets are amusingly hidden, but I won't spoil the suprise by saying where they were!
One last pint of Brewsters Aromantica in the Chequers and it was time for the train back home.

No comments:

Post a Comment