Wednesday 15 August 2012

A Capital Day


A few of us went down to London for the GBBF Trade day.  It was almost impossible to get to Kensington Olympia due to all the pink tabard-wearing morons who couldn't get a grasp of the idea that I AM NOT GOING TO THE OLYMPICS.

"Olympics this way"
"I AM NOT GOING TO THE OLYMPICS"
"You are going the wrong way, the olympics are this way..."
"I AM NOT GOING TO THE OLYMPICS"
"Olympics this way"
"I AM NOT GOING TO THE SODDING OLYMPICS"

After about an hour of conversations like this with the volunteer idiots, I finally got to Kensington and to the GBBF.


 which was a bit boring this year.

There seemed to be more food stalls than beer stalls, and the beer range seemed to be exactly the same as the beers from last year.


There were pink pigs,





but I preferred Hogsback Brewery's Green Hog...



We left Olympia and met up with Q for a couple of beers in the Cask and Glass, great pub,


 then a couple of refreshers in the Shakespear, just accross from Victoria Station.

I don't think I've ever seen the outside of Victoria Station before.  Pretty Impressive.




No comments:

Post a Comment