Monday 17 October 2011

Down by the canal.


Went to Nottingham to judge the Midlands beer competition.  I had a wander into town on the night before, and it was rag week, so it was like walking through a fancy dress.
 I had a drinkable pint in the spoons, then headed off to the Blue Bell.  Unfortunately Elvis was in there, destroying the sound waves so I quickly left.

I wandered into the Fellows Moore & Clayton, and found my boats namesake next to the pubs namesake.

At the festival the following day Dancing duck brewery had a great bar, covered in grass, with little ponds on top for the ducks.  They won a few prizes as well.



Got an afternoon on the boat!!!

I had a trial fit of the water pump and accumulator under the bottom step.  They seem fine there, now I need some fixings.

I started lining out the port side below the gunwhales.  The port side is where most of the wiring and all of the plumbing will be, so that was the best side to start with.


 I marked the positions of the battens on the ply as I went along. I reached the back, and split the ply to cover the start of the swim.

 

It was no getting dark.  I need to get the lights up then I can work later (or I should have got here over summer when it was light...).

No comments:

Post a Comment