Monday 11 October 2010

Another good musical week.

Went to Union Chapel in Islington for the first time.  What a great venue. I suppose churches are designed for accoustics, so not surprising, the sound was superb.  Saw Judie Tzuke with her daughters supporting.  I haven't seen her for thirty years, and she still has an absolutely fantastic voice.
Back up north, I picked up the double glazed units for the front door, but didn't have time to do anything with the boat. I've decided to dump the horrible plastic mains inlet, and ordered a rather snazzy stainless steel inlet plate from t'internet to add "no Plastic" to the "no Brass" theme. Hopefully I can get the shell sealed soon, then I can wire up a couple of lights and get some work done in the evenings.


Saw Adrian Edmondson and the Bad Shepherds on Saturday night in Manchester. Troy Donockley didn't fall off the stage this time though...

Had a great curry in the Mogul restaurant in Whitworth later to round off a great evening.

Sunday, and I'm travelling down south again, but stopping in the Sun at Hitchin I found Dave Swarbrick playing atthe Folk Club there.  Playing fiddle tunes rediscovered form the 16th Century to as modern as the victorian times, he proved that an evening drinking beer and listening to music is an education as well as a pleasure!

No comments:

Post a Comment