Thursday 18 February 2010

The Silly Season.

I have been writing the updates on my PC, but have been unable to upload them because I have had to get a new Internet Dongle thingy. Bloody technology, we never had this trouble when we used pen and paper...




Well, christmas came and went, yawn. For new year I decided to bugger off up to the Lakes. Good food, great beer, great atmosphere. Altogether a brilliant night. It was really odd, with the full moon and all of the snow, it was like daylight at 2 in the morning.




Yes this is 2:40 AM! No long exposure, this was taken on my phone!


And there is NOTHING WRONG WITH CAMPING IN JANUARY you bunch of soft gits! The place is far more peaceful without the hoards of tourists everywhere!











Anyway, returned via salterforth, where the canal was completely frozen over. I know you shouldn't, but you have to laugh at the ducks, trying to land on the ice, skidding, and knocking all the other ducks over! It was a bit like aviary 10 pin bowling!

Talking to the timber yard about this difference between Marine ply and ordinary. The one
thing I didn't know is that marine ply is guaranteed not to have any 'holes'. You know when you cut a piece of plywood, and, when you look at the edge of the cut, there seem to be gaps in the middle layers. Well, you (apparently) will not get these with marine ply.
So I got a few sheets of marine ply, and laid part of the floor at the front of the boat, and built a workbench. I thought, the front of the boat is going to be the last part finished, and it
will be so much easier to work with a decent sturdy workbench. The floorboards will help with clearing up.
I've battened a piece of plywood accross the front door to try and prevent the rain getting in while I'm (still) waiting for proper front doors. It didn't work.

It's January, and the engine has arrived (Yipee!).

No comments:

Post a Comment