Tuesday 22 September 2009

Chinese Puzzle

Beer, Folk music and swearing...
Well, Friday I was supposed to be up at the Old, for the Langdale Folk Festival. Raising money for mountain rescue support dogs. However, due to the IDIOTS driving on the motorways, and the holdups on the A1, M1, M6, etc. I didn't get home till 7:00pm.
Grabbed my rucksack (permanently packed!) and dived back out the door. When I crossed the M61 it was at a standstill. I crossed the M6 and it was also at a standstill. Last time I was late heading to the lakes, and both motorways were at a standstill, a motorcyclist was killed on the sideroads in front of me. Not wishing to tempt fate, a quick U-turn, and back to the pub.

Saturday morning I managed to finish cleaning up and blacking the Port side of the hull, which I couldn't do previously due to the boat next to me being painted. Don't think he would have appreciated the sparks off the wire brush.

Dinnertime, and Mr. Kedian turned up with the stainless water tank. It looks a lot bigger than it did on the drawing (well, the drawing was only A4).
The tank was put out of the way, while I got a lift from mr Kedian to Birmingham to pick up a new car for Luke. I'm getting quite good at buying cars that I've never seen off ebay! Stuck on the M6 again, so I got back at 6.00.

Grabbed my rucksack (permanently packed!) and dived back out the door. Got to the Old at 7:40 to find the campsite was full. Only seen that happen twice before. Never mind, had a pint, and some superb food. Bought a couple of T-shirts and won a painting in the Auction. The pub was heaving, and the fund-raising seemed to be doing really well.

Nowhere to camp, so said my goodbyes and set off home again. So much for a weekend off in the lakes!

Sunday, and luke joined me in the great chinese puzzle. We have to get a 6 foot by 5 foot by 20 inch water tank through the rear hatch (5 foot by 26") into the Back cabin (6 foot long), swing it around and through the side doorway (5 foot tall, 18 to 20 inch wide), into the boat interior. ****!, *****!, and ****** **** ***** ***!. We got the tank on the roof, dropped it diagonally through the hatch and into the boat. Don't know how, but it worked.

Note to self, next time (!) put the water tank in before the shell is finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment